LA POLICE FEDERATION CHIEDE LA REVOCA DELLA LICENZA DI LIBERTA’ DEI PRIGIONIERI UVF
Articoli Correlati
- Belfast, Chi E’ L’erede Di Johnny Adair Che Minaccia La Pace? (thefivedemands.org)
- Il 32csm Condanna Gli Attacchi a Short Strand (thefivedemands.org)
- UVF riots; No censure from Robinson. (politics.ie)
- Police Claim UVF Organised Belfast Riot (news.sky.com)
- The Beast In The East (ansionnachfionn.wordpress.com)
- Irish Times – Sinister UVF figure a key catalyst of Belfast violence (politics.ie)
- PSNI reinvestigating murder of Rory McIlroy’s great uncle Joe by gang of UVF (politics.ie)
- UVF Organised Attacks On Nationalist Enclave (ansionnachfionn.wordpress.com)
- UVF-Led Unionist Mobs Attacking Nationalist Areas In Belfast Again (ansionnachfionn.wordpress.com)
- Gunfire Blamed On Dissident Republicans (news.sky.com)
- Police blame UVF for Belfast riots (mirror.co.uk)
- Grant application from the lawless Beast from the East? (sluggerotoole.com)
- East Belfast UVF: Mission Accomplished? (sluggerotoole.com)
UVF jail call after riots (UTV)
A call has been made for active members of the UVF – released from prison early under the Good Friday Agreement – to be sent back behind bars, in the wake of riots in east Belfast.
Chairman of the Police Federation, Terry Spence, has called for action to be taken by the Secretary of State against the proscribed organisation.
“We cannot tolerate paramilitary groups creating public havoc because they think they have no voice in how Northern Ireland is governed,” he said.
“They have exactly the same access to the ballot box and opportunity to stand for election as the rest of us.”
While dissident republicans have been blamed for shooting a press photographer during two nights of serious violence in the lower Newtownards Road and Short Strand areas last week, the UVF has been blamed for starting the trouble.
PSNI Chief Constable Matt Baggott says there is a case for revoking licences – if evidence can be brought before the courts.
“It’s very important that, when we can, we apportion responsibility,” he said. “But when it comes to specific issues of removing licences, that’s a matter of facts and that report has to be submitted to the Secretary of State.
“The rioting was serious, and if people were responsible for that and there are facts that can be brought before the courts, then that will have my full support.”
Investigations into the riots and efforts to identify those involved are ongoing.