PICCHETTO DI FRAZER DAVANTI ALLA CASA DI JOHN DOWNEY
Victims’ campaigner Willie Frazer has taken his campaign for justice to the home of Hyde park bomb suspect, John Downey.
On Saturday morning Mr Frazer travelled to the Co Donegal village where Downey now lives with placards to stage a one man protest.
He said although “many other victims wanted to join me I thought it would be better to do it on my own”.
“We could have had a busload of victims up there, but what is the point of putting the victims though the suffering and pain?”, he said.
Mr Frazer said he also picketed outside the venue where the homecoming bash for Downey was set to be held on Saturday night.
“They were in the house but refused to come out when I was there,” he said.
“Boys drove up and down past me, and some of them gave me the thumbs up so they are not all supportive of what is going on in that area.”
He said he found out whilst he was staging his protest “that their celebration had been called off”.
“I was told that they [republicans] had heard that Frazer was bringing a crowd up and there would probably be fights,” he said. “They didn’t want that.
“But it is not just about the individual who is on the run.
“It is about the other on the runs who were going to be there.
“My main reason for being there was to send a message to families on the mainland to tell then we have not forgotten and that we apologise for having such a rotten system in Northern Ireland that their people are not going to get justice.
“But also to point out to other on the run’s that they are not getting away with it.
“There are seven on the runs for the Kingsmills massacre, two for Tullyvallen and two for my father’s murder.”