SHANKILL BOMB. I FAMILIARI DELLE VITTIME COMMEMORANO IL 20° ANNIVERSARIO
A religious service took place on Wednesday to remember the victims of the Shankill bomb, 20 years on.
Alan McBride, who lost his wife and father-in-law when the IRA left a bomb in Frizzell’s fish shop, was among those in attendance.
DUP MP Nigel Dodds was also present, as was Social Development minister Nelson McCausland.
A service took place at West Kirk Presbyterian Church and schoolchildren laid wreaths at the spot where the bomb exploded.
- In pictures: Bomb victims’ relatives attend Shankill remembrance service (newsletter.co.uk)
- Bomb hero still haunted by horror as Shankill marks anniversary of bomb atrocity (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Shankill bomb: Frizzell’s fish shop was at very heart of the community (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Hundreds attend Shankill service (bbc.co.uk)
- Service in memory of Shankill massacre victims (newsletter.co.uk)
- Shankill Remembers: Hundreds Attend Service for Ira Bomb Atrocity Victims (belfastdaily.co.uk)
- Shankill hero relives atrocity (newsletter.co.uk)
- Fury Over Ira Shankill Bomber Commemoration (belfastdaily.co.uk)
- Shankill Bomb Victims Fury Over Ira Bomber Commemoration (belfastdaily.co.uk)
- Shankill bomb: Half a mile of grief (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)