TRE ARRESTI A LURGAN
I primi arresti per l’attentato in cui il 14 agosto scorso sono rimasti feriti 3 bambini
Tre uomini sono stati arrestati dalla PSNI mercoledì 25 agosto, nell’ambito delle indagini sulla bomba piazzata in un cassonetto esplosa il 14 agosto scorso. Nonostante si ritenga che l’attacco fosse stato progettato per ledere la polizia, a farne le spese sono stati 3 bambini di età.
Durante l’operazione sono stati sequestrati anche numerosi oggetti che saranno sottoposti ad esame. I tre sospetti sono stati condotti alla Antrim Serious Crime Suite.
- Men arrested over Lurgan bin bomb (bbc.co.uk)
- Three held over Armagh bomb blast (independent.co.uk)
- Children hurt in Lurgan explosion (politics.ie)
- You: NI bomb blast injures three children (guardian.co.uk)
- Militant GFA Republican dissenters are no different than Loyalist terrorists. (politics.ie)
- NI leaders condemn Lurgan attacks (bbc.co.uk)
- Three children in ‘miracle’ escape from Northern Ireland bomb blast (telegraph.co.uk)
Three held over bin bomb attack (U TV)
Three men have been arrested in connection with a bomb which exploded in a bin in Lurgan, injuring three young children.
The device detonated while police investigated a warning that another device had been left at a nearby primary school.
The three children – two sisters aged just two and 12 and another 12-year-old girl – sustained minor injuries and were left badly shaken by the incident.
Officers arrested the three men during a search operation in Lurgan on Wednesday.
A number of items were taken away for examination and all three men have been taken to Antrim Serious Crime Suite for questioning.
Dissident republicans were blamed for the attack, which happened on 14 August.