STRAGE DI MASSEREENE: PUBBLICATA LA REGISTRAZIONE AUDIO DEI KILLER

Massereene killers’ voices made public (UTV)
A “chilling” recorded phone call made by the killers of two young soldiers at Massereene barracks in 2009 has been released by police, in the hope the public will help them to identify those involved.
The investigation into the dissident republican gun attack, which killed Sappers Mark Quinsey and Patrick Azimkar, is continuing after the conviction and sentencing of Magherafelt man Brian Shivers.
While he must serve at least 25 years in jail for his part in the murder plot, detectives know that others were also involved – including the two gunmen who opened fire on the soldiers.
“It’s our duty to bring as many of those individuals who were involved in this atrocity before the court,” Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Chief Inspector Justyn Galloway, said.
Anyone who listens to what the boys’ mothers have said and who knows anything about the murders or can identify the voices on the phone recording should do the right thing and talk to police.
DCI Justyn Galloway
“Following the conclusion of the trial last month, when the inadvertently recorded call was used as evidence, we are now making the recording available in a public attempt to identify the voices on it.”
The recording was found on a mobile phone left in the green Vauxhall Cavalier car used as a getaway car by the Real IRA gang behind the shooting – it was found partially burnt-out at Ranaghan Road, about eight miles from the scene of the attack.
The Azimkar and Quinsey families were not in Belfast on Friday to hear Shivers’ jail tariff being set, but made written statements to the court regarding the impact the fatal shootings had on their lives.
“A mother thinks she will hold her child’s hand for the rest of her life. Now my hand is empty and lost,” Pamela Quinsey, Mark’s mother, said.
“I get no rest from the hurt and torment it has caused us all.”
Geraldine Ferguson, Patrick’s mother, added: “We have all changed, all aged – our hearts and souls are no longer light but weighed down with sorrow and loss.”
DCI Galloway praised the families for their dignified conduct throughout the past three years and urged anyone who could identify the voices to come forward.
South Antrim Ulster Unionist MLA Danny Kinahan added his voice to the appeals for help.
One of the most powerful images in the aftermath of the Masserene murders was the sight of the Antrim community walking out of the town’s churches and standing side by side in silent tribute. There were no Protestants and no Catholics that day – just a community united in shock and anger and determined to show the world that they wanted no part of this atrocity.
Danny Kinahan, UUP
“Today’s sentence will not bring back the two murdered soldiers, but I hope it will provide a small degree of comfort to the men’s families,” he said.
“While the Antrim community will welcome the fact that one of the murderers has been sent to jail, the fact remains that other guilty people are still at large and posing a threat to the lives of others.”
Detectives investigating the murder plot have already gathered nearly 9,000 related documents and taken 1,858 witness statements.
A total of 33 searches and 14 arrests have been made to date, resulting in one conviction – namely Brian Shivers.
Another person – veteran republican Marian Price – has yet to go on trial on a related charge of providing property for the purposes of terrorism.

Informazioni su questi ad

Rispondi

Inserisci i tuoi dati qui sotto o clicca su un'icona per effettuare l'accesso:

Logo WordPress.com

Stai commentando usando il tuo account WordPress.com. Chiudi sessione / Modifica )

Foto Twitter

Stai commentando usando il tuo account Twitter. Chiudi sessione / Modifica )

Foto di Facebook

Stai commentando usando il tuo account Facebook. Chiudi sessione / Modifica )

Google+ photo

Stai commentando usando il tuo account Google+. Chiudi sessione / Modifica )

Connessione a %s...